Bruce Marion is a contemporary impressionist who specializes in creating compelling abstracted cityscapes, landscapes, and figurative and contemporary wildlife paintings. Bruce received his BFA from the prestigious ArtCenter College of Design in Pasadena, California, where he studied with world-renowned artist Pat Nagel, as well as Lorser Feitelson, father of Post-Surrealism. Since then, Bruce has taught various courses and workshops to aspiring artists in the US, overseas, and online.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Bruce Marion talks about his work with the Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center in Arizona
- The insights and lessons Bruce gained from working—and teaching—a variety of styles and subjects
- How do you find your style as an artist?
- Bridging the gap between what you think you should do and what you want to do artistically
- Why it’s better to keep creating and producing instead of perfecting and reproducing
- Bruce shares how he overcomes creative roadblocks and finds inspiration everywhere
- How to get involved with Bruce’s digital art program, Bruce on Art
- Where to learn more about Bruce Marion
In this episode…
Many children dream of being veterinarians, artists, or even teachers. As a contemporary impressionist, Bruce Marion has skillfully combined all three career paths into one.
With his love for creating figurative and contemporary wildlife paintings, as well as his skill for teaching art, Bruce has found a style—or, rather, many styles—that keeps him inspired and motivated as an artist. As he says, the secret is following your passion and constantly creating new pieces (even if they aren’t “perfect”).
Listen in to this week’s episode of Pencil Kings as host Mitch Bowler is joined by Bruce Marion, renowned art teacher and contemporary impressionist artist. Bruce discusses the joys of working with multiple different styles, how to overcome creative roadblocks, and his process for helping artists find what works for them. If you want to learn more about discovering your artistic style and finding inspiration everywhere, then stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Mitch Bowler on LinkedIn
- Pencil Kings
- Evolve Artist
- Bruce Marion
- Bruce on Art
- GET A FREE 3-DAY PASS: [email protected]
- PK 223: The Business of Fine Art with Jason Horejs
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Evolve Artist, a breakthrough online training system that aims to inexperienced talent to become world-class artists.
If you’re interested to explore and expand your artistic nature and to maximize your potential as an artist, there’s no better way to do that to sign up with one of the many courses offered by Evolve Artist.
We’ll provide you with all the materials you need to enjoy a do-it-yourself study at home. The premium oil paint we use is supplied by Old Holland, and everything will be shipped right to your doorstep no matter where you are in the world.