Michelle Sakhai is a contemporary artist based in New York. With over 20 years of experience exploring plein air painting before transitioning to the abstract, Michelle’s vision is to create transformative art that touches the soul. In addition to exhibiting her paintings across the nation and worldwide, Michelle also serves on the advisory board for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Hofstra University and teaches Transformative Art at the Harlem Hospital.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Michelle Sakhai shares her journey from plein air painting to abstract art
- The influential lessons Michelle learned from her childhood art instructor
- Michelle discusses her artistic “awakening”
- How to identify your unique form of creative expression
- The importance of experiencing the business side of art
- Michelle talks about finding the balance between grounding yourself in reality and focusing on your artistic medium
- Where you can find out more about Michelle Sakhai and see her latest exhibit, “Garden of Peace”
In this episode…
Do you want to take your art to the next level? Then, in the words of contemporary artist Michelle Sakhai, simply let go. Free your mind from any artistic constraints and allow your hands to create. This is the mindset that allowed Michelle to experience her artistic awakening and discover her authentic vision as a painter.
Michelle’s ingenuity and ability to go beyond her area of expertise have paved the way for her free-flowing abstract art. After specializing in plein air painting for over 20 years, Michelle made the transition to the abstract—and she has never felt more connected to her craft.
In this week’s episode of Pencil Kings, host Mitch Bowler sits down with contemporary fine artist, author, and educator, Michelle Sakhai. They discuss letting go of form, finding the balance between reality and expectations as an artist, and pursuing your unique artistic expression. Michelle also emphasizes the importance of experiencing the business side of the art world, in addition to honing your craft. Stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Mitch Bowler on LinkedIn
- Pencil Kings
- Evolve Artist
- Michelle Sakhai
- Michelle Sakhai on LinkedIn
- Michelle Sakhai on Instagram
- Michelle Sakhai’s “Garden of Peace” Exhibit
- AWAKENING: The Paintings of Michelle Sakhai by Michelle Sakhai
- PK 212: Building Meaningful Relationships For Artists
- Ergo Josh on Youtube
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Evolve Artist, a breakthrough online training system that aims to inexperienced talent to become world-class artists.
If you’re interested to explore and expand your artistic nature and to maximize your potential as an artist, there’s no better way to do that to sign up with one of the many courses offered by Evolve Artist.
We’ll provide you with all the materials you need to enjoy a do-it-yourself study at home. The premium oil paint we use is supplied by Old Holland, and everything will be shipped right to your doorstep no matter where you are in the world.
Click HERE to get your copy of our Free Art Skills Blueprint.