Tom Ross is the founder and CEO of Design Cuts, the highest rated design marketplace in the world. Design Cuts offers the best quality digital assets, including fonts, graphics, brushes, and templates, at the most affordable prices online. Tom also mentors fellow creatives about how to improve their marketing via his three podcasts: The Honest Designers Show, The Honest Entrepreneur Show, and Biz Buds.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Tom Ross talks about his creative background and what got him interested in design
- What are some of the challenges of scaling a company?
- The importance of prioritizing self-care during your hustle
- Tom’s advice on how to build a dedicated online community
- Why you should run self-care like you run a business
- How can artists use the scalable nature of distribution and marketing to gain followers and boost sales?
- The invaluable benefits of niching
- Why slowing down your approach to marketing can help you find your niche and your audience
In this episode…
Build it, and they will come, right? Wrong! This statement has become obsolete due to the overarching role that SEO and algorithms play in internet traffic. Now, in order to build a community online, you must work smarter, not harder.
Tom Ross, founder and CEO of Design Cuts, learned this the hard way. After a year of non-stop hustle put him in the hospital, Tom had to find better ways to attract followers and scale his business. Now, he uses this experience to help other creatives improve their marketing and build a dedicated online community.
In this episode of the Pencil Kings podcast, host Mitch Bowler sits down with entrepreneur Tom Ross of Design Cuts to discuss the importance of balancing hard work and self-care when running a business. They talk about the challenges of scaling a company, how to build meaningful relationships with your community, and why you should embrace niching. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Mitch Bowler on LinkedIn
- Pencil Kings
- Evolve Artist
- Tom Ross on LinkedIn
- Tom Ross on Instagram
- Tom Ross on Youtube
- The Ultimate Guide to Niching
- Design Cuts
- Biz Buds Podcast
- The Honest Entrepreneur Show
- The Honest Designers Show
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Evolve Artist, a breakthrough online training system that aims to inexperienced talent to become world-class artists.
If you’re interested to explore and expand your artistic nature and to maximize your potential as an artist, there’s no better way to do that than to sign up with Evolve Artist.
We’ll provide you with all the materials you need to enjoy a do-it-yourself study at home. The premium oil paint we use is supplied by Old Holland, and everything will be shipped right to your doorstep no matter where you are in the world.
Click HERE to get your copy of our Free Art Skills Blueprint.