Dan Piche is the creator of Champions of Akathena a board game launching on June 29, 2021. He has advice for anyone who has a passion to make a board game, but no experience actually making it a reality.
Here's a glimpse of what you'll learn:
- How to know you have a good game on your hands (when your friends are begging you to sell it so they can purchase their own version of the game)
- How to virtually playtest your board game using Tabletop Simulator so you can do lots of beta testing without having to leave your home.
- The 3 simple questions Dan asked every player to make sure the magic of the player's experience was never lost as the game was developed.
- Why Champions of Akathena is a great intro for those who aren't quite ready for D&D
- All of the little details incorporated into this game to make sure as many people as possible could play, and play together for an awesome team adventure.
- How to ethically bribe beta testers you don't know to pick up and play your game. (you could use this for any type of creative project - just replace nachos with coffee)
In this episode:
In this week's episode, we get the final chapter on designing and launching your own board game. We had Dan on the podcast in the past to talk about the process so far in Episode 230 (https://www.pencilkings.com/daniel-piche/) and now that he's just about to launch again here's the update of the story as he's just about to release his new board game to the world.
There's lots of insight into the care it takes to bring your project to the finish line, but mostly I hope while listening you can get a sense of how you can look at your own projects with fresh eyes and see how you can use feedback to make your work as good as it possibly can be.
Enter to Win!
Enter for your chance to win a copy of Champions of Akathena: Blood and Magic board game and a $100 Dollar Gift Card of your choice from one of these participating locations:
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Sponsor for this episode:
This episode's sponsor, Evolve Artist has a new mini-course on creating more depth and volume in your artwork. Say good-bye to flat, lifeless art and start creating art with so much depth your friends and family will be amazed at your abilities.
Click Here for their 15 Minute Mini Course on adding depth and volume to your artwork.
Evolve Artist, is a breakthrough online training system that aims to inexperienced talent to become world-class artists. If you're interested to explore and expand your artistic nature and to maximize your potential as an artist, there's no better way to do that than to sign up with Evolve Artist.
We'll provide you with all the materials you need to enjoy a do-it-yourself study at home. The premium oil paint we use is supplied by Old Holland, and everything will be shipped right to your doorstep no matter where you are in the world.
To learn more about our courses, visit our website to find out how you can join Evolve Artist today so that you can be the artist you were meant to be in your own home.