Bruce Marion is a contemporary impressionist who specializes in creating compelling abstracted cityscapes, landscapes, and figurative and contemporary wildlife paintings. Bruce received his BFA from the prestigious ArtCenter College of Design in Pasadena, California, where he studied with world-renowned artist Pat Nagel, as well as Lorser Feitelson, father of Post-Surrealism. Since then, Bruce has taught various courses and workshops to aspiring artists in the US, overseas, and online.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Bruce Marion talks about his transition from an illustration major to a corporate art director
- Mitch and Bruce discuss the disillusionment of leaving art school and starting your career as an artist
- The importance of breaking away from social and environmental constraints in order to blossom as an artist
- How do you combine business and art to make your dreams come true?
- Bruce’s gradual journey toward pursuing fine art
- How Bruce followed his heart and built his successful painting career
- What can we learn from our artistic failures?
- The importance of hard work and making time for your art
In this episode…
What defines you as an artist? What separates you from your peers? Are you an illustrator, a graphic designer, a contemporary painter? When you listen to your heart, what does it tell you to pursue?
Bruce Marion, a contemporary impressionist, has built his career by experimenting with new mediums of self-expression. From illustration to abstract painting, Bruce has found his calling by combining a business mindset with a passion for fine art. Today, he uses his time and talent to inspire artists of all kinds to push their boundaries and follow their hearts.
Join host Mitch Bowler in this week’s episode of the Pencil Kings podcast as he interviews contemporary impressionist Bruce Marion about his gradual transition to a career in fine art. Tune in as Bruce discusses his process of blending business with passion, how to learn from every artistic endeavor, and the importance of breaking out of your social and physical constraints when pursuing a career in art.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Evolve Artist, a breakthrough online training system that aims to inexperienced talent to become world-class artists.
If you’re interested to explore and expand your artistic nature and to maximize your potential as an artist, there’s no better way to do that than to sign up with Evolve Artist.
We’ll provide you with all the materials you need to enjoy a do-it-yourself study at home. The premium oil paint we use is supplied by Old Holland, and everything will be shipped right to your doorstep no matter where you are in the world.
Click HERE to get your copy of our Free Art Skills Blueprint.