Scotty Russell is a podcaster, coach, artist, designer, speaker, and pizza enthusiast. He is the Founder and Creator of Perspective Collective, a company focused on teaching others how to utilize their time and creativity to make their side hustle profitable. Scotty went from working as a graphic designer in his day job to starting his own company using the knowledge he learned as an artist and as an entrepreneur.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Scotty Russell talks about his podcast, Perspective Podcast, and the things that he does with and around it
- The struggles that Scotty went through before he had the confidence to share his art
- How Scotty got started as an artist and then as an entrepreneur
- The importance of having a community to learn and share art and side hustles with
- Scotty describes his secret sauce for creating his art
- What tools does an artist need to make it as an entrepreneur?
- The 3 steps to achieving your goals, and why it’s a good idea to start small and make things manageable
In this episode…
Having a side-hustle can be either liberating or extremely challenging, depending on your mindset and your goals. When your side-hustle has become a significant part of your life, it may be an indication to switch your focus and give it your full attention. Scotty Russell, owner and founder of Perspective Collective, is an excellent example of what happens when life takes an unfortunate turn with your nine to five, but your side-hustle has become its own thing.
In this week’s episode of Pencil Kings, Mitch Bowler talks with fellow pizza enthusiast, artist, and podcaster, Scotty Russell, about the real possibility of turning your side-hustle into a business and how Scotty empowers artists to be entrepreneurs. Scotty also talks about the importance of investing in oneself and knowing what you want, and the 3 things that you need to have to achieve your goals. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Mitch Bowler on LinkedIn
- Pencil Kings
- Evolve Artist
- Evolve Artist on Medium
- Perspective Collective
- Scotty Russell on LinkedIn
- Scotty Russell on Instagram
- Scotty Russell on Dribble
- Scotty Russell on Twitter
Sponsor for this Episode
This episode is brought to you by Evolve Artist, a breakthrough online training system that aims to inexperienced talent to become world-class artists.
If you’re interested to explore and expand your artistic nature and to maximize your potential as an artist, there’s no better way to do that to sign up with Evolve Artist.
We’ll provide you with all the materials you need to enjoy a do-it-yourself study at home. The premium oil paint we use is supplied by Old Holland, and everything will be shipped right to your doorstep no matter where you are in the world.
Click HERE to get your copy of our Free Art Skills Blueprint.