Mark McGuinness is a creative coach, an award-winning poet, and the Owner of Lateral Action, where he helps 21st century creatives achieve their artistic and professional ambitions. With over 20 years of experience in the coaching industry, Mark has helped countless creatives take their careers to the next level. He believes in creating a balance between our creative pursuits and our ability to become proficient as professionals in our desired field. Mark is also the author of several books for creatives and the host of the 21st Century Creative podcast.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Mark McGuinness recalls what inspired him to write his book, Productivity for Creative People
- What issue do creative professionals struggle with most?
- Mark’s advice on how to deal with rejection and criticism
- Why you should forget the career ladder and focus on creating assets instead
- The mindset shift that will help you achieve creative freedom
- Mark talks about the power of feedback when taking the next step in your career
- Final thoughts: you are the biggest asset of your career!
In this episode…
Where are you on your creative journey? Whether you’re just starting to pursue your craft or you’re looking for a career shift, it’s important to remember the meaning behind your creative pursuits.
For Mark McGuinness, art is a self-expressive tool of connection and discussion. However, many artists struggle with this connection—and the criticism and feedback that comes with it—during their pursuit toward a successful creative career. That’s why Mark has spent more than 25 years coaching creative professionals on how to achieve their artistic and career ambitions. He has helped hundreds of artists build and sustain professional relationships while productively pursuing their creative goals.
In this week’s episode of Pencil Kings, Mark McGuinness joins host Mitch Bowler to discuss how to take your art career to the next level. Mark shares his thoughts on finding motivation as an artist, overcoming rejection and criticism, and why business and art are not mutually exclusive. Mark also reveals the mindset shift that will help you achieve profitable artistic freedom. Stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Mitch Bowler on LinkedIn
- Pencil Kings
- Evolve Artist
- Mark McGuinness
- Mark McGuinness on LinkedIn
- Lateral Action
- Mark McGuinness’ Coaching for Creatives
- Mark McGuinness’ Free Creative Career Course
- 21st Century Creative Podcast
- Productivity for Creative People: How to Get Creative Work Done in an “Always on” World by Mark McGuinness
- Resilience: Facing Down Rejection and Criticism on the Road to Success by Mark McGuinness
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Evolve Artist, a breakthrough online training system that aims to inexperienced talent to become world-class artists.
If you’re interested to explore and expand your artistic nature and to maximize your potential as an artist, there’s no better way to do that to sign up with one of the many courses offered by Evolve Artist.
We’ll provide you with all the materials you need to enjoy a do-it-yourself study at home. The premium oil paint we use is supplied by Old Holland, and everything will be shipped right to your doorstep no matter where you are in the world.