Want to know how to promote your art on Instagram to gain followers and attract the attention of the kind of clients you want to work with?
In this week’s interview, we talk to Donna Adi, a mixed media illustrator from Los Angeles. After working in the fashion industry for several years, she felt the urge to combine her love of fashion photography with illustration and animation and develop her own style of art.
And, since posting her work online since January 2017, she’s seen her audience on Instagram grow to a huge 75.8K followers, with clothing designers and many more clients approaching her for her fun images, which bring an animated twist to photos of people in various situations.
So, what motivates her to make art? And how did she overcome self-doubt and all the other hurdles faced by artists to carve out an exciting career doing what she loves?
You’ll find out in this week’s podcast…
How to Promote Your Art on Instagram – Donna Adi’s Story
“Even if you don’t know what you want to do, just keep doing, keep trying, keep learning. Listen to yourself, listen to your heart, listen to what you love…and eventually the pieces will come together.” ~ Donna Adi.
Key Takeaways From This Interview:
- Why liking what you do…and loving what you do are two different things
- Why the moment when you discover what you really love doing is the moment when things start changing for you as an artist
- How to stay focused on your art – even when others don’t take your dream seriously
- Why copying the work of artists you admire can often be a great place to start
- Why you should make today the day you start following your true passion
- How to find your own voice as an artist – even if you’re just starting out
- Why inspiring others with your art can help fuel your own creativity
- How to promote your art on Instagram and other online channels
We hope this week’s interview with Donna Adi helps you learn more about how to promote your art on Instagram and start earning a living from doing what you really love.
Got any social media or promotional tips of your own to share? Let us know about them in the comments box below!
People on this Episode:
Links From This Episode:
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Wednesday morning 8AM EST.
The Pencil Kings podcast is sponsored by Freshbooks – small business accounting software for artists and creatives.