Travel and living creatively often go hand in hand, with many artists all over the world moving to different countries to get inspiration and further their careers.
But what if you’re too scared to make that first step? And what actually happens when you take the plunge, move to a city in a different country and start trying to carve out a creative career for yourself?
In this week’s podcast, we speak to someone who’s done exactly that – freelance artist and Pencil Kings Community member, Ladislas Chachignot.
After a long career as a graphic designer in his native France, he decided to up sticks and move to Barcelona recently in a bid to meet more creative people, expand his horizons, and develop his career as an illustrator.
But how did he summon up the courage to take this huge first step…
And how is he managing to support himself and find new clients in this new environment?
You’ll find out in this honest, revealing and helpful interview about travel and living creatively…
Travel and Living Creatively – Why Ladislas Chachignot Moved to Barcelona
“If you want your life to change and evolve a bit, sometimes you have to take a step into the unknown and see what happens. Because, if you don’t do anything, for sure you won’t have anything.”
~ Ladislas Chachignot.
Highlights From This Podcast:
- Why Ladislas spent time developing his skills as an artist before becoming a freelance illustrator
- How to use portfolio and social networking sites to attract more clients
- Why personal projects can be a great way to showcase your style
- How to get over the fear of making a big change in your life
- How to reach out to clients and keep going…even when you get rejected
- Why taking a risk can sometimes be the right thing to do
- Why travel and living creatively go hand in hand for many artists
We hope this week’s interview with Ladislas Chachignot helps give you some valuable insights on travel and living creatively.
Where would you move to further your artistic career? Tell us in the comments section below – we’d love to hear from you!
People on this Episode:
Links From This Episode:
Thanks for listening to our show! We’ll be back next Wednesday morning 8AM EST.