Frequently Asked Questions
Pencil Kings offers training and support for artists of all levels.
Members pay a monthly or annual fee to be part of the community and new lessons and courses are released each month. Members have full access to:
- All current and future training courses
- The private artist community where members can interact and show each other what they are working on
- Live training workshops & coaching programs delivered online.
With all of the lessons on the site it may be a bit overwhelming. If you are a beginner what I would like you to do most of all is get a sketchbook and sketch in it at least 5 minutes every day (even the on the weekend!), and don’t worry about the quality of your drawings at all – only worry about enjoying the process and finding things that interest you to try and draw.
We have a series about this called ‘Sketchin Out‘ and it’s a good series to at least look at the first few lessons for it because I think it will help get you in the sketching mood.
Then once you have been sketching for a while and gone through these initial lessons you should have a better idea of which lesson you would like to focus on next, and the skills to get into them. I would recommend any of the LaurieB lessons as a great place to look next to keep improving your figure drawing.
Also, make sure to get started inside the community by sharing some of your artwork and seeing what other people are doing.
Sorry to hear that the video is acting up! Here is a quick fix that you can try and if these steps don't work, please contact us so we can notify our video host.
- Try a different browser to see if the issue is persisting there.
- Try switching between the HTML5 and Flash player by right-clicking on the video and selecting the "Switch to..." option.
- Try restarting your computer and web browser.