Paint Stunning Photo Realistic Portraits
from Scratch in Photoshop
Now that you have a basic understanding of how to draw a face through instructor Sycra Yasin’s other lessons, why not take it to the next level and learn the ins and outs of realistic digital portrait painting. If you’ve never painted a portrait before I’m sure that you’ll find that the process is a lot easier than you may have originally imagined.
Throughout this lesson you’re going to really be amazed at how such a simple process can get such amazing results. The method that you will learn is based on traditional media, so if you have painted with oils before you will feel right at home. If you’re new to painting you’ll have the benefit of learning the secrets of traditional media without having to spend years studying it.
While this lesson is aimed at the advanced user, even as a beginner, you will be able to grasp the concepts covered here and immediately start to create your own fantastic portrait works. Another benefit that you will have by following this lesson is that you will learn a painting technique that can be applied to any subject matter that you choose – it’s not just for portraits.
As an added bonus, throughout this lesson you will also learn helpful tips for advancing as an artist and overcoming some of the mental roadblocks that are common to all artists.
Main Takeaways from this Course:
- How to select a good photo, and composition for your portrait
- How to create a harmonious color scheme
- How to paint the values in your image
- Tips learned from traditional painting that you can apply to your digital work
- How to Light your subject using North Light
- How to Shade your subject, with special attention paid to the colors used in light and shadow
- How to get a natural looking painting, while still using digital tools